It’s that time of year when we all are reflecting on our lives, who we are, and where we want to go. You can really do this at any time of the year, but something about flipping over a fresh calendar makes it seem like the perfect time to start. So why don’t you join me in some self-reflection over the first month of this new year? I have a list of prompts to help you every day in the month of January. And there’s a free journal that you can download below.
Journaling Prompts for the New Year
- To where would you like to travel?
- In what areas of your life will you challenge yourself? Are there skills you want to develop or a talent you want to hone even more?
- What new foods do you want to try? Are you looking to experiment more in the kitchen or try some new eating establishments?
- What would you like to learn in the New Year?
- How will your life be different this year? Are there some big changes you’d like to make?
- What would you like to stay the same? Are there areas in your life you’re already really happy with and don’t want to change?
- What new projects are you considering starting this year? Why did you choose these?
- What new hobbies would you like to start? Why?
- What are your top 3 goals you want to accomplish this year? How will you make space to honor these goals?
- Make a list of 3-5 people you want to meet this year and why you specifically chose each one.
- Imagine building a dream team for a smooth flow in life and business. What would that look like?
- Think of 3-7 people you would like to bless this year.
- How will you bless those people you just listed?
- Who could you mentor personally or professionally in the coming months?
- Who is someone who mentored you when you really needed it? How could you thank and/or honor that person?
- What is something you’d like to let go of from your past?
- What books did you read over the last year that made an impact on your life?
- Where in your heart, mind, or body do you need healing?
- Think about clutter in your home or office. What could you let go of to allow someone else to love and treasure?
- Negativity is rampant. How can you protect yourself against consuming this online and on social media?
- To what charities or organizations would you like to donate your time, energy, money, or skills?
- What self-limiting beliefs will you cast off in this New Year?
- What is a new mantra you can use to replace one of those self-limiting beliefs?
- What new routines would you like to establish to replace some less healthy ones?
- What books do you want to read this coming year?
- What brings you joy and how can you fit more of it into your daily life?
- What one word would you use to describe the past year? Why did you choose that one?
- What word is your special word for this coming year?
- How will you use this word to help you shape your upcoming decisions?
- With whom will you share that word for the year?
- Where and how will you display that word of the year to remind you of it?
Download a free journal
Feel free to use these free printables. Or put the prompts into your own journal that you’re already using. Again, you can go in order or you can jump around to whichever topic is speaking to you on that day.
And there’s nothing that says you absolutely must do this only in January. You can start these 31 days of reflection at any time.
Best of luck to you in your self-reflection and happy journaling!